Send automatic Birthday SMS messages
- Click on the Settings menu on the left
- Click on Automated Marketing and Reminders.
Click on the SMS button in the Birthdays section.
This will prompt the Birthday SMS Settings screen as shown below:
- To enable SMS reminders simply tick the Enable SMS Birthday Messages checkbox.
- To set the number of days the SMS text is sent before the birthday, select a value from the Days Before Birthday to send field. Leave it at 0 Days to be sent on your client's actual birthday.
- You can choose a template or simply start typing a text message in the Message field. Remember this is limited to 140 characters for SMS text. Exceeding this will use more than 1 SMS credit per message.
- Merge fields are place holders for values that will be replaced when the message is sent. For example, ClientFirstname will be replaced by David and so on. To insert a template field, simply put your cursor in the message box where you want the field to appear and click on the merge field.
- You can also preview your SMS message by typing in your number in the Test Mobile Number field and clicking Send Message.
- Click the Save button to save your SMS Birthday message for the future.
And that's it :) set and forget! Just sit back and You'reOnTime will automatically send out your Birthday SMS messages. Don't forget to offer a discount or a gift for your client.