Deleting a sale
To completely remove a completed sales and payment follow the steps below. When deleting a payment it will be audited and emailed to the manager for security reasons.
Reversing the Payment
Before we can delete the sale, we need to reverse the payment.
- Click on Sales from the side menu.
- Click on the Transactions List button to bring up today's sales.
- If required, you can change the date range, search by invoice number, or filter by a staff member.
- Click on the sales record you want to alter.
- Click on the Payment Info button and then click Reverse Payment.
- Enter the reason for the reversal and click OK. This will be recorded in the Audit Log.
- The payment has now been reversed.
Deleting the Sale
Now that the payment has been reversed, we can delete the sale.
- While still in the sale, click on the Cancel Sale button.
- You will then be prompted to confirm. Click Yes to cancel the sale. This will permanently delete the sale.