Configuring your iPad for self check in or formsIf you are using an iPad on your front counter for self check or forms in you should lock it down into "kiosk mode" for use. What this means is not enabling the user to go to any application other then the You'reOnTime Check In or Forms screen.
Creating a home screen shortcutTo enable a website to operate in full screen mode, not in a normal browser where the user can navigate away, you need to add a home screen shortcut. This assumes you are using iOS 7 or above.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPad
2. Enter the address checkin.youreontime.com to bring up the checkin login page or if you are configuring the iPad for forms use enter forms.youreontime.com in here instead. Don't log in yet.
3. Click the shortcut button is Safari and click the Add to Home Screen option
4. When the Add To Home bubble appears click Add
Turning on Guided Access1. Open Settings
2. Go to General > Accessibility
3. Tap on Guided Access (Scroll down the page a little, it’s under the Learning section)
4. Flip the switch to ON
5. Tap on Set Passcode (this will prevent users from leaving Guided Access mode)
6. Enter a passcode
Running the applicationYou should be all set up and ready to run the check-in in kiosk mode now. We recommend holding the iPad in portrait to get maximum usability.
1. Click on the shortcut to checkin or forms created in the first section above on your home screen
2. Log into You'reOnTime using your normal login
3. Click the home button three times very quickly. When you do this a message will appear that says Guided Addess Started
You are now ready to safely hand over your iPad to clients to use.
To get out of Kiosk mode click the home button very quickly 3 times again and enter your passcode.