Sending Automated Aftercare Instructions
Aftercare emails are sent out at the completion of an appointment and are great for letting your clients know of any crucial information after their specific service or treatment. There is no limit on how many different aftercare templates you can create, so you can have a bespoke one for each service you offer.
Creating the email template
- Click on Marketing menu from the side menu.
- Click on the Manage Email Templates button.
- On the Templates list screen, click the +Add New button from the right-hand side.
- In the new template screen, you should choose Marketing from the Template Type option. The subject and contents of the email can be entered in the remaining fields.
Merge Fields are placeholders for values that will be replaced when the message is sent. For example: [ClientFirstName] will be replaced with David, [FormsLink] will be replaced with a link to outstanding forms, and so on. To insert a Merge Field, simply put your cursor in the message box where you want the field to appear then click on the Merge Field drop-down menu and navigate to the Merge Field you want to add.
You can add attachments (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .jpg, .png, .gif) by clicking Select File button.
- Click Save to add the new email template.
Selecting the Aftercare email template for a service
- Select Settings from the menu in the sidebar.
In the Settings screen under the Services heading click on Manage Services.
Click on the Service that you want to add the Aftercare email to.
Scroll down to the Service Details section and select the Aftercare email you created earlier.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
And that's it! Your clients will now receive Aftercare instructions each time they receive this service.