Configuring for use with the Star mPOP and iPad
The Star mPOP is a great all in one device with a receipt printer, cash drawer and optionally a scanner that can work with an iPad. There are a few steps to configure.
Installing the Star iPad Browser app
The Star Browser app should be installed on your iPad. It allows connection from You'reOnTime to the mPOP. There is a free version of the app that can be downloaded from the AppStore here https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/star-webprnt-browser-free/id911301767
There is also a paid version of this app. The paid version does not have advertisements and is reasonably priced so you should consider it. You can get the paid version from here https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/star-webprnt-browser/id854408228
Installing the Star mPOP Utility
The Star mPOP receipt printer is a 58mm device. As You'reOnTime prints 80mm receipts, the mPOP Utility will allow scaling down receipts. It can be installed from the AppStore here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mpop-utility/id993563930
Then follow these steps.
1. Launch the mPOP utility and make sure the unit is paired and selected in the app.
2. Go to the memory switch settings up the settings tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down to Compression (Horizontal), and set the flag to 72mm -> Printable Area
4. Click apply, and confirm it.
5. The printer will then initialize and you should have enabled the 3” downscaling.
Configuring the receipt printer in You'reOnTime
Finally, you will need to configure the receipt printer in You'reOnTime to connect. Follow these steps
1. Go to Settings from the Welcome menu
2. Click the Receipt & Invoice Printing General Settings option under Payments heading
3. Make sure all the printer options are configured as in this screenshot
4. Click save to complete
Logging in using HTTP
Finally, the Star mPOP doesn't support the HTTPS protocol. What that means is when using the application from the iPad and mPOP you should use the following address http://app2.youreontime.com
You should now be all set up to use the mPOP. You can test it out by reprinting a receipt from the sales screen.