Setting up deposits with online bookings
To take a deposit with an online booking there are several steps.
Firstly you will need to setup your Stripe account to use for taking Online Booking deposit payments, these are the steps you will need to follow:
1. Click on Settings from the side menu and then Under the Payments section click on Manage Payment Types.
2. On the right hand side of the screen select Add a new Payment Type.
3. In the Description field enter the word Stripe and under the Payment Category select Stripe.
Tick the boxes Use for Online Bookings and Active.
Then click the button Setup Stripe.
4. You will now be directed away to the Stripe payment gateway where you can configure the bank accounts that your deposits will be paid into.
Once you have done this you are all ready to start taking deposits, so follow these steps on how to setup the deposits for each service.
5. Go into Settings and then under Services click on Manage Services.
6. Select a Service.
7. The Details screen for selected service will pop up, please scroll down to Online Booking Details.
8. Tick Available Online and type in Deposit Amount.
9. Click Save.
Once you have clicked save, you will be returned to the Service Search screen and can continue to setup deposits for each of the services you want to have a deposit for by following steps 6 - 9.
Show your clients how to do an Online Booking with a deposit How to do a deposit when making an Online Booking