Setup SMS Reminders
Setting up SMS reminders is one of the most basic things you can do to add to your bottom line, one saved appointment in a month is all it takes and you are already ahead. And setting it up is super easy.
- Go to Marketing.
- Click on Automated Marketing and Reminders.
- Click on the SMS button in the Reminders section. This will display the Reminder SMS Settings screen.
- To enable SMS reminders simply click the Enable SMS Reminders checkbox.
- To set the time that the SMS is sent before the appointment, select a value from the Time before appointment to send field.
- Next, select the SMS Reminder Template in the Template field, this will prefill the Message field with a default SMS text. You can also modify or create your own message.
Remember- SMS texts are limited to 160 characters; anything more and you will be charged an extra credit.
- Merge Fields are place holders for values that will be replaced when the message is sent. For example: [ClientFirstName] will be replaced with "David", [FormsLink] will be replaced with a link to outstanding forms, and so on. To insert a Merge Field, simply put your cursor in the message box where you want the field to appear and click on the Merge Field link.
- You can also forward all replies and confirmations to your mobile number. This is useful when you are on the road quite often, and not logged in to your account. Simply tick the Forward text replies to my phone checkbox and enter your mobile number.
- You can also preview your SMS message by typing in your number in the Test Mobile Number field and clicking the Send Message button.
- There is also an option to warn you when your SMS credit is low. To set this, just enter a number at which the warning will be triggered. You can also enable automatic top-up of credits here.
- Click the Save button to save your SMS reminder message settings.
And that's it.. just sit back, and You'reOnTime will automatically send out your SMS reminders so you can concentrate on growing your business rather than manually sending out your SMS reminders.